1. Acute or chronic urinary retention: BPH may result in acute or chronic urinary retention, an inability to empty the bladder completely. When acute, it is a complete incapacity to urinate that happens suddenly and lasts only a short time, being potentially life-threatening.
2. Urinary tract infections (UTIs): that may affect the bladder or urethra and are related to the obstruction of normal urine flow. In addition, the entire urinary system needs to work under stress to properly expel urine, which can result in damage to the bladder and kidney, or in bladder stones.
3. Kidney damage: the entire urinary system needs to work under stress to properly expel urine, which can result in damage to the bladder and kidney, or in bladder stones. Despite being rare, kidney damage is particularly dangerous and may threat patients’ lives when it occurs.
4. Prostatitis: In addition to BPH, the most common prostate diseases include prostatitis. The three most common types of prostatitis, which may be caused by a bacterial infection or inflammation, are:
- Acute bacterial prostatitis: a denomination to characterize microscopic inflammation of the tissue of the prostate gland, which can span to numerous clinical conditions.
- Chronic bacterial prostatitis
- Chronic prostatitis / chronic pelvic pain syndrome
5. Prostate cancer: is also a common problem among American men, particularly men aged 50 and older, African-American men, men with a history of prostate cancer in the family, and men who eat great amounts of high-fat food but few fruits and vegetables.
BPH News is strictly a news and information website about the disease. It does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. This content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.